First Since 1996
PEI Lawyer Referrals
WARNING: PEI LAW SOCIETY REFERRALS ARE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT:
Prince Edward Island Law Society referrals only give you one lawyer who is the next one on the list whose turn has come up.
There is no checking of skills, suitability or experience. Lawyers using law societies referrals pay a fee and when it is their turn they get the referral. The system stinks
Choose CanLaw Lawyer Referral Services over the Prince Edward Island Law Society
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE RETAINING ANY LAWYER
Questions you should ask of both the Law Society and the lawyer before you 'retain any PEI lawyer
- Ask when s/he was admitted to the Bar. (This will tell you how long they have been in practice.)
- Ask if s/he specializes in the area of law you in which you require assistance.
- What specialist training or certification does s/he have?
- Ask how many similar cases s/he has handled? How many were won.
- Ask if s/he has ever been disbarred, suspended, or disciplined by any Law Society anywhere.
- Ask if she has been the subject of fee reviews.
- Ask if any complaints have been made against her (regardless of the outcome) to the Law Society. Check that s/he is in good standing with the Law Society of Prince Edward Island