Find A Lawyer Near Me Referral Service
WHAT IS A TORT AND WHY DO YOU CARE?
Want To Sue Someone? Need Legal Advice? Have CanLaw Find A Canadian Torts Law Lawyer Near You.
WHAT IS A TORT
WHY DO YOU CARE?
Tort simply means "wrong."
If someone has harmed you, you can sue them under torts law for whatever harm or wrong they have done to you or your property. That is simple Canadian tort law in a nutshell and in plain language.
Tort laws allow individuals to sue for compensation if they are harmed by the unreasonable actions of others.
Tort claims are based on the legal premise that individuals are liable for the consequences of their action if it results in injury to others.
In any civil action, the person who sustains injury or suffers pecuniary damage as the result of tortious conduct is known as the plaintiff.
The person who is responsible for inflicting the injury and incurs liability for the damage is known as the defendant or tort feasor.
When you have been harmed or suffered damages or a loss your really need a lawyer to help you to sue them under torts law and get compensation and recover your losses.
CanLaw will find you the right lawyers and law firms.
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF TORTS
- An intentional tort is an act that is intentionally committed against another person with the aim of causing harm. Assault, battery, conversion, fraud, false imprisonment, trespassing and invasion of privacy are some examples of intentional torts.
- Negligence torts occur when a party fails to provide the kind of care a prudent person would take in the same situation and causes some injury either by action or inaction.
- Strict liability torts apply where a defendant is responsible for any injury sustained by another party regardless of whether the injury was intended
Most Torts Lawyers Offer
- Free Half Hour Consultations.
- Some accept pro bono cases.
- Most accept payment plans.
- Flat fees or Hourly fees
- Some offer contingency basis
- Some offer no win, no pay
- Some offer unbundled services
- Need Legal Aid?
- Need Legal Advice?
- Need to talk to a torts lawyer?
- Request a referral here.
- Lawyers will respond to you within a few hours.
Ask CanLaw for a Free Torts Law
Lawyer Referral today.
Do You think you have a case?
How Much is My Case Worth?
Ask a lawyer. Find Canadian tort lawyers on CanLaw. CanLaw is a free referral service for individuals and business looking for tort law lawyers and legal help anywhere in Canada.
TORTS LAW LAWYERS WHAT IS A TORT AND WHY DO YOU CARE?
Tort simply means wrong. When you have been harmed or suffered damages or a loss your really need a lawyer to help you to sue them under torts law and get compensation and recover your losses.
Ask A Lawyer Locate The Right Answers To Your Legal Questions Get Legal Advice CanLaw: Your Original Canadian Lawyer Referral Service