Find a Lawyer Near Me Referral Service
Online since 1996, Now in our 25th year.
THE LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO, LSO, ALLOWS
CONVICTED CRIMINALS TO BE LAWYERS.
It also routinely reinstates many disbarred lawyers.
Formerly LSUC, the Law Society of Upper Canada
WHY HAS THE LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO PUBLISHED AND REPUBLISHED A “NOTICE TO THE PROFESSION” CONDEMNING CANLAW?
The LSO/LSUC issued their defamatory, cowardly “Notice to the Profession” (their Fatwah) to the legal profession in June, 2004 hoping to put CanLaw out of business to they could resume charging people for referrals.
1. Up until maybe 2005, the LSO (formerly LSUC) was charging consumers about $8 to obtain a lawyer referral
2. Consumers had to dial a 900 number for referrals and that system automatically charged the $8 fee to their phone bill. For this LSUC would provide the name of just one lawyer, usually the next lawyer on the list.
3. In 1996, CanLaw opened for business online and offered free referrals to anyone who asked.
4. In 1996, the LSO/LSUC grossed about $287,000.00 a year for their lawyer referral service based on their 1996 annual report which suggests that LSO put some major new program in effect in 1996 to maximize and generate new referral revenue and CanLaw’s emergence ruined their plans.
5. As a result of CanLaw’s success offering free referrals, the LSUC referral revenue plummeted and by 2004 it was virtually zero.
6. Shortly after that they dropped their referral service fee and offered free referrals.
7. The LSO/LSUC issued their “Notice to the Profession” (their Fatwah) to the legal profession in June, 2004 hoping to put CanLaw out of business to they could resume charging people for referrals.
a. The Fatwah was based entirely on 4 extracts from anonymous emails allegedly quoting rude comments made by CanLaw.
b. The Fatwah was published in Ontario Reports, the Globe and Mail, Lawyers Weekly, Canadian Lawyer, elsewhere and online. It is still posted on the LSUC web site and widely copied on the internet. It was been republished by the media in 2017
c. There is not a month goes by that someone does not throw this in our face.
8. At no time has the LSUC permitted CanLaw to respond to their accusations. No hearing was held. When CanLaw served a Libel Notice in July 2004, the LSUC responded by threatening that “WE WILL CRUSH YOU.” All attempts to meet with them over the past 16 years have been ignored.
9. CanLaw and Kirby Inwood categorically deny sending the email snippets in the LSUC Notice to the profession. Their false accusation was just an excuse to attack and hopefully destroy CanLaw primarily to enable them to return to charging for referrals.
Jan 20, 2020 J Kirby Inwood
This is the heading on the LSO web site
What a fraud.
"Law Society of Ontario
Created by an act of the Legislative Assembly in 1797, the Law Society of Ontario governs Ontario’s lawyers and paralegals in the public interest by ensuring that the people of Ontario are served by lawyers and paralegals who meet high standards of learning, competence and professional conduct."
DISCIPLINE HEARING REPORTS ISSUED BY THE
LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO
Shows how the Law Society discipline of lawyers is a farce and a fraud. You really should read about this, if you deal with any lawyer.
(Let Might Prevail)
The LSO Considers 4 anonymous, false allegations that CanLaw was rude sometime between 1996 and 2004 to be worse than these examples:
Here are just a few examples of the many Lawyers who were Disbarred, then Reinstated
- Stuart Edward Hendin: Disbarred then Reinstated Applicant allowed to resign instead of being disbarred, for misappropriation where he self-reported to the Law Society and repaid all the funds taken.
- David Marcovitch: Disbarred then Reinstated was found to have engaged in professional misconduct for and misappropriating monies in the amount of $4,000.00, more or less, from the Estate of G.H. and/or the Estate of T.H. discharged from bankruptcy
- Stephen Myles Bookman; Disbarred then Reinstated convicted of fraud and sentenced to 2.5 years' imprisonment.
- Spencer Black: Disbarred then Reinstated
- Timothy Michael Kinnard: Disbarred then Reinstated
- David Elliot Waterhouse: Disbarred then Reinstated
- Karen Rosalee Caroline Cunningham: Disbarred then Reinstated
- Darryl Waisberg and Jennifer Greenwood were found by the court to be in violation of the Commissioners for taking Oaths Act by submitting an affidavit with forged signatures. The LSO sat on the complaint for 7 years and in the end did nothing.
Law Societies protect lawyers from consumers. They do not protect consumers from lawyers.
WHAT TYPE OF LAWYER
DO YOU NEED FOR YOUR CASE?
Need Legal Advice? Legal Aid? Free Half Hour?
Fast Confidential Free Lawyer Referrals
BANNER AD HERE
Includes a free back
link to your web site
Click for Details
The Law Society of Ontario, LSO,
admits convicted criminals as lawyers.
The LSO/LSUC issued their “Notice to the Profession” (their Fatwah) to the legal profession in June, 2004 hoping to put CanLaw out of business to they could resume charging people for referrals..
CanLaw: Your Canadian Lawyer Referral Service
Canadian Lawyer Index
WHAT IS CANLAW? CanLaw is Canada's first, largest, free Nationwide Lawyer Referral Service for anyone, or any business, anywhere in the world, needing to Find a lawyer, law firm, or legal or related services and assistance for any reason whatsoever, anywhere in Canada.