Incorporate or Register Your Business
Canada Trusts CanLaw Online since 1996
TRADEMARK YOUR BRANDS FOR PROTECTION FROM POACHERS
What Is A Trademark Agent and
What Does A Trademark Agent Do?
How To Find A Trademark Agent Near You
Trademark agents must be registered with the federal Trade-Mark Office.
To be licensed, trademark agents are required to work in the area of trademark law, including the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications for registration, for two years and to complete successfully the examination conducted jointly by the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and the Registrar of Trade- Marks, Canadian Intellectual Property Office or either one of the above and to be a paralegal entitled to practise in Canada.
Find a Trade Mark Agent Near You
Trade-marks Agents List
search trade mark registries to determine whether a trade mark has been registered. They prepare and present applications for trade mark registration and advise their clients on trade mark laws and regulations.
- Trade mark agents perform some or all of the following duties:
- Advise clients on intellectual property matters and represent clients before the Registrar of Trade-Marks on matters including prosecution of applications for registration of trademarks
- Trademark agents advise clients on intellectual property matters.
- Advise on the registrability of trademarks, trademark licensing requirements, transfer of intellectual property and protection of existing trademark rights
- Trade mark agents research and prepare trade mark applications.
- Represent clients at proceedings before the Trade Marks Opposition Board and in related proceedings
- May represent clients internationally in consultation with foreign associates and attorneys.
- source Fed Gov Web Site
This is not legal advice it is information .