Car Crash? Personal Injury? Medical Malpractice? Slip and Fall?
WHAT IS YOUR
WRONGFUL DEATH CASE WORTH?
Damages in Wrongful Death
When someone is killed as a result of fault or negligence, affected family members may be entitled to recover for a variety of damages.
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
- Expenses incurred for the deceased
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Death benefits from first-party insurance policies including accident benefits
- Loss of dependency claims where survivors relied on the income of the deceased
- Loss of care, guidance and companionship
- Loss of housekeeping and handyman service provided by the deceased
- There have even been successful claims for loss of sexual services.
Get Legal Help From a Local Wrongful Death Lawyer who advise you on how to proceed with your claim and will fight for and pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf.
WRONGFUL DEATH? You can claim damages When someone is killed as a result of fault or negligence, family members may recover damages Wrongful death of a loved one read about your rights here
Wrongful Death Claims?
Who can claim benefits?
How to obtain compensation for your losses and fair cash settlements
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death claims are brought by or on behalf of an immediate relative, spouse, parent, child of the deceased. They seek compensation for the losses resulting from a family member's wrongful death.
Losing a loved one or friend is painful at any time. When somebody you love dies due to another person’s negligence, it can make things seem even worse. A number of legal questions can arise, and a family’s finances can be strained due to the ongoing lost income if the deceased was a breadwinner.
If a family member or friend has been killed as a result of negligence, it is crucial that you use our CanLaw Lawyer Referral Services to find a personal injury solicitor or law firm.
Wrongful death case claims are "statutory causes of action" (law suits) brought by and on behalf of a surviving spouse, child, or parent or other relative.
The idea behind a wrongful death lawsuit is that the wrongful death, in addition to injuring the person who died, also injured people who depended upon the deceased for financial or emotional support.
The Wrongful Act May Be:
- Medical mistakes
- Car and vehicle accidents
- Criminal actions or attacks
- Work related employer actions
- A negligent or careless act such as careless driving
- A reckless act
- Property owner negligence or actions
- An intentional act such as a deliberate murder
- and other accidents can result in such cases.
Read about your rights here and consult a CanLaw personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Many offer half hour consultations and no costs till your case is settled.
You Will Always Do Better With CanLaw