THIS FORM IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER
CERTIFIED TRAVEL CONSENT FORM
You need a formal certified consent to travel letter if you are a single parent traveling with minor children
You must prove you have the right to
take children out of Canada
You must provide a certified travel consent letter covering all children with you to board a plane
or leave Canada
DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT ONE
Who Needs a Travel Consent Form?
When a minor child is traveling without both parents a Travel Consent form will be required by the airlines and customs and immigration officials.
Failure to produce this document could easily result in your being denied boarding or travel or entry to the destination country.
The travel consent form should include the destination, dates of travel and contact information for the other parent.
Any adult traveling with a minor child needs to have written, notarized proof that you have the legal right and permission to take a minor child on a trip, either within or out of Canada.
A notarized travel consent form is most acceptable by airlines, border authorities and customs agents.
This applies to all adults traveling alone with a minor child including
- Non-custodial parent
- Legal Guardian(s) of a minor child traveling without parent or guardian
- All other adults (schools trip supervisors etc) traveling with the child
Sorry no postal deliveries for this item
A TRAVEL CONSENT FORM HELPS TO STOP CHILD ABDUCTIONS
A single parent traveling with a child under 18 MUST have a notarized Travel Consent Form. You will not be able to board a flight with children without proof of your right to take them out of the country
You Can Create Your
Certified Travel Consent Form
On-line in Just a Few Minutes
Travel Consent Kit
CanLaw Certified Legal Forms
Created By and For Canadians
Valid in all provinces
and territories in Canada
Create your own legal forms No Lawyer Needed.
What is a Travel Consent Form?
A Travel Consent Form is a legal document which proves to travel authorities that you have the required permissions to travel with a minor child.
A Travel Consent Form:
- Proves to authorities and foreign officials that a minor child has consent from BOTH of his or her parent(s) or guardian(s) to travel.
- Helps to prevent problems, delays, and cancellations at the border or airport.
- Is essential for all minor children traveling without parents or guardians, or only one parent or guardian.
- Can be used by schools, churches, sports teams and other organizations that need a minor child Travel Consent form.
The Government of Canada strongly recommends that children traveling abroad carry a consent letter proving they have permission to travel from every person with the legal right to make major decisions on their behalf, if that person is not accompanying the children on the trip. For example, children traveling alone, with groups or with only one custodial parent should travel with a consent letter.
- The purpose of a consent letter is to facilitate the travel of Canadian children while preventing their wrongful removal to foreign countries.