Canada's Original Online
Find a Lawyer Near Me Referral Service
THE LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO ALLOWS CONVICTED CRIMINALS TO BE LAWYERS
WHY HAS THE
LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO
PUBLISHED AND REPUBLISHED A “NOTICE TO THE PROFESSION”
Details how the Law Society discipline of lawyers is a farce and a fraud. You really should read about this if you deal with any lawyer
1. Up until maybe 2005, the LSO (formerly LSUC) was charging consumers about $8 to obtain a lawyer referral
2. Consumers had to dial a 900 number for referrals and that system automatically charged the $8 fee to their phone bill. For this LSUC would provide the name of just one lawyer, usually the next lawyer on the list.
3. In 1996, CanLaw opened for business online and offered free referrals to anyone who asked.
4. In 1996, the LSO/LSUC grossed about $287,000.00 a year for their lawyer referral service based on their 1996 annual report which suggests that LSO put some major new program in effect in 1996 to maximize and generate new referral revenue and CanLaw’s emergence ruined their plans.
5. As a result of CanLaw’s success offering free referrals, the LSUC referral revenue plummeted and by 2004 it was virtually zero.
6. Shortly after that they dropped their referral service fee and offered free referrals.
7. The LSO/ LSUC issued their “Notice to the Profession” (their Fatwah) to the legal profession in June, 2004 hoping to put CanLaw out of business to they could resume charging people for referrals.
a. The Fatwah was based entirely on 4 extracts from anonymous emails allegedly quoting rude comments made by CanLaw.
b. The Fatwah was published in Ontario Reports, the Globe and Mail, Lawyers Weekly, Canadian Lawyer, elsewhere and online. It is still posted on the LSUC web site and widely copied on the internet. It was been republished by the media in 2017
c. There is not a month goes by that someone does not throw this in our face.
8. At no time has the LSUC permitted CanLaw to respond to their accusations. No hearing was held. When CanLaw served a Libel Notice in July 2004, the LSUC responded by threatening that “WE WILL CRUSH YOU.” All attempts to meet with them over the past 16 years have been ignored.
9. CanLaw and Kirby Inwood categorically deny sending the email snippets in the LSUC Notice to the profession. Their false accusation was just an excuse to attack and hopefully destroy CanLaw primarily to enable them to return to charging for referrals.
Jan 20, 2020 J Kirby Inwood
DISCIPLINE HEARING REPORTS ISSUED BY THE LAW SOCIETY OF UPPER CANADA
(Let Might Prevail)
The LSO Considers 4 false allegations that CanLaw was rude sometime between 1996 and 2004 to being worse than these examples:
- Convicted Repeated Criminal Prostitute Kathryn Smithen admitted to bar
- Convicted Pedophile Ronald Davidovic admitted to the bar
Includes a few examples of the many Lawyers who were Disbarred, then Reinstated
- Stuart Edward Hendin Disbarred then Reinstated
- David Marcovitch Disbarred then Reinstated
- Stephen Myles Bookman Disbarred then Reinstated
- Spencer Black Disbarred then Reinstated
- Timothy Michael Kinnard Disbarred then Reinstated
- David Elliot Waterhouse Disbarred then Reinstated
- Karen Rosalee Caroline Cunningham Disbarred then Reinstated.
- Darryl Waisberg and Jennifer Greenwood were found by the court to be in violation of the Commissioners for taking Oaths Act by submitting an affidavit with forged signatures. The LSO sat on the complaint for 7 years and in the end did nothing.
This is the heading on the LSO web site
What a fraud.
"Law Society of Ontario
Created by an act of the Legislative Assembly in 1797, the Law Society of Ontario governs Ontario’s lawyers and paralegals in the public interest by ensuring that the people of Ontario are served by lawyers and paralegals who meet high standards of learning, competence and professional conduct."