CanLaw Lawyers are recommended and approved Rely on CanLaw lawyers to solve your legal problems


This Page Current as of


  • MENU     

The UN has consistently voted Canada as the number one country in the world in which to live, work and raise your family. We welcome immigrants from everywhere.


Our legal experts will professionally and properly fill out your application forms and expedite the process for you.


Remember, immigration to Canada is limited. You need professional legal help to maximize your chances of success.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada, there are four categories under which you may apply:



Skilled Worker Class Immigration: Skilled workers are people whose education and work experience will help them find work and make a home for themselves as permanent residents in Canada

Business Class Immigration: Business immigrants are people who can invest in, or start businesses in Canada and are expected to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy. The Business Immigration Programs seek to attract people experienced in business to Canada.

Business immigrants are selected based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.


There are three classes of business immigrants:


The Immigrant Investor Program seeks to attract experienced persons and capital to Canada. Investors must demonstrate business experience, a minimum net worth of CDN $800,000 and make an investment of CDN $400,000.



The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced persons that will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that will contribute to the economy and create jobs. Entrepreneurs must demonstrate business experience, a minimum net worth of CDN $ 300,000 and are subject to conditions upon arrival in Canada.


Self-employed persons

Self-employed persons must have the intention and ability to create their own employment. They are expected to contribute to the cultural or athletic life of Canada. They may create their own employment by purchasing and managing a farm in Canada.


Family Class Immigration:

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, 18 years of age or older, may sponsor close relatives or family members who want to become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors must promise to support the relative or family member and accompanying family members for a period of three to 10 years to help them settle in Canada.


International Adoption:

Canadian law allows you to adopt a child from another country if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. To bring your adoptive child to Canada, you must sponsor the child for immigration. You can start sponsoring a child as soon as you decide to adopt or you can wait until after you have found a child and have started the adoption process

FIRST: Click here Click here to choose the occupation job name and number which applies to you


SECOND:  Click here Click here to obtain proper legal help to see if you qualify to come to Canada.


Study permits, student visas and study permit extensions Super visas Visitor visas Work permits Skilled workers and self-employed professionals Citizenship applications Permanent resident (PR) card renewal Labour market opinions Provincial nominee program Business (and other) programs Canada has recently tightened up its immigration requirements.

Candidates are awarded points based on their education, work experience, age, knowledge of English and or French, and the qualifications of the spouse if there is one.

Generally you will need a University degree

proof of 4 or more years work experience in your field

to be fluent in English or French

have an immediate relative in Canada

and an offer of employment.


Provincial Nomination:

Most provinces in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that allows them to play a more direct role in selecting immigrants who wish to settle in that province. If you wish to immigrate to one of Canada's provinces as a Provincial Nominee, you must first apply to the province where you wish to settle. The province will consider your application based on their immigration needs and your genuine intention to settle there.


Before applying to immigrate to Canada, Provincial Nominees must complete the provincial nomination process


Quebec-Selected Immigration:

The Quebec government and the Government of Canada have an agreement that allows Quebec to select immigrants who best meet its immigration needs. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec is able to establish its own immigration requirements and select immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.


To come to Canada as a Quebec Skilled Worker, you must first apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de selection du Qu├ębec.



Questions about emigrating and settling in Canada?


Be very careful about immigration consultants. There are many frauds out there who exploit immigrants and steal their money



Directory and Index for all of CanLaw

CanLaw: Your Canadian Lawyer Referral Service

CanLaw ask a lawyer
CanLaw ask a lawyer