ALBERTA BILL COLLECTORS
ARE ALBERTA BILL COLLECTION AGENCIES OR BILL COLLECTORS MAKING YOUR LIFE MISERABLE?
How to Stop Alberta Bill Collectors Harassing Phone Calls
CanLaw Will Find You a Consumer Protection
or Money Problems Lawyer
Alberta collection agencies cannot harass, threaten, bully or intimidate you.
Here`s how to file a complaint.
YOU MAY HAVE A VALID COMPLAINT AGAINST AN ALBERTA COLLECTION AGENCY IF YOU CAN PROVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE OCCURRED
- Collector was threatening and/or intimidating
- You have informed the collection agency that it is not your debt and continue to be contacted
- You have asked to be contacted in writing only and they continue to call
- Collector was using excessive pressure
- Collector published or threatening to publish your inability to pay
- You have disputed the debt with the debt collector and creditor and continue to be contacted
- You did not receive anything in writing prior to receiving calls
- Collector will not disclose his/her identity
- Collector called you at work more than once and you have provided my home contact information
- The collector has called an acquaintance and has asked for information other than your home address and phone number and you have not authorized the collector or creditor to do so in the past
- The collector has called your employer and has asked for more information other than confirming your employment, business title, and address and you have not authorized the creditor to do so in the past
- The collector has called you before 7 am or after 9 pm Monday to Saturday, or before 1 pm or after 5 pm on a Sunday, or on a statutory holiday
- The collector is attempting to collect more than you owe